Dinners Made With Love
At Horne Insurance Agency we love simple recipes that are tasty and easy to make. One of our favorites in the winter and especially with our loved ones is a creamy risotto. It's a perfect recipe for the family or just to make for yourself and have some leftovers for the next day. Enjoy!
Oven Risotto with Crispy Mushrooms
- 1 lb. mixed wild, shiitake, and/or crimini mushrooms, broken into pieces or sliced 1/4" thick (about 4 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 3/4 tsp. (or more) kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 oz. finely grated Parmesan (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
Place racks in bottom third and middle of oven; preheat to 350°F. Toss mushrooms, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup oil, and 1/2 tsp. salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast on bottom rack, tossing halfway through, until deeply golden brown and crisped, 25–30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and slightly translucent, 3–5 minutes. Stir in rice; season with pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until some grains are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add vermouth, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pan is almost dry, about 2 minutes. Add 2 1/2 cups stock. Bring to a simmer, then cover and bake in oven until liquid is mostly absorbed but rice is still slightly firm in the center, 16–18 minutes.
Return pot to stove and heat over medium. Add remaining 1/2 cup stock and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is tender but still has some bite and sauce is creamy, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan, butter, and lemon zest; season to taste with salt, if needed. Add a little bit of warm water, if needed, until risotto is thick but still pourable.
Transfer risotto to a platter. Top with crispy mushrooms and parsley. Drizzle with oil. Serve with lemon wedges alongside.
- Updated 2024 Medicare Costs
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- National Day Of Remembrance
- Celebrating Labor Day!
- Fun Fall Recipes!
- Back to School Month!
- Summertime Storms
- Iced Out Summer
- Celebrating Independence!
- Celebrate Fathers!
- BBQ Season!
- Happy Pride!
- Honoring Our Troops!
- Summertime Fun
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- NABIP Summit
- Spring Time Is Here!
- Easter Sunday!
- Celebrating Passover
- Happy Womens History Month
- Presidents Day
- Dinners Made With Love
- Black History Month
- New Year, Same Recipes
- Happy New Years From HIA
- Remembering The Angels We Lost on 12/14
- Holiday Baking Season
- Happy Holidays!
- Thanksgiving Recipe Special
- CTAHU Bowling for Boobies Charity Tournament
- Sweet Treats for Fall
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Family Fall Recipes
- Inflation Reduction Act to be Signed Into Law!
- Omnipod DASH® is Covered Under Medicare Part D for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Agents Seek Reversal of CMS Rule on Recording Medicare Advantage Calls
- Rainy Day Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
- Social Security COLA Estimate Rises to 10.5% for 2023 as Inflation Accelerates in June
- National Ice Cream Month
- Staying Cool in the Summer
- Mens Mental Health Month
- Happy First Day of Summer!
- Four Steps to Figuring Out How Much Money You Need to Retire
- Important Update about Covid-19 Test's
- Celebrating Pride Month
- Happy Memorial Day!
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Medicare Announces Coverage of Over-The-Counter Covid 19 Tests
- Statement from Kilolo Kijakazi Acting Commissioner for Social Security
- Important Medical Device Recall
- Spring is Right Around the Corner!
- Last Day's of Summer
- Valentine's Day!
- Salute the Troops!
- Applying For Medicare
- Time to Travel!
- Celebrating Black History
- Happy Halloween!
- Summertime Delight
- National Domestic Violence Awareness
- Stay Up To Date With Everything Medicare Offers
- Tips for Preventing Medicare Fraud
- Omicron Variant: What You Need to Know
- Fall is Here!
- Spring is Here!
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Period 2022
- Summertime Refreshments
- Happy St Patricks Day!
- Happy New Year From HIA
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- The Always Changing Social Security Landscape
- Dance Your Way Through Life
- Medicare Supplement's
- Happy Independence Day!!!
- Medicare Reminder
- Happy Valentines Day!
- COVID-19 Updates