The Holiday is truly upon us as the holiday cookies are in the over and everyone gets ready to see their families and loved ones. We will be doing a Holiday recipe series and include whatver Holiday you might celebrate this time of the year. First though, we will be doing a favorite at the Horne Household for Christmas, which is a decadent Peppermint Fudge sure to impress your in-laws or future mother-in-law.
Step 2: Bring evaporated milk, sugar, and kosher salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and quickly stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peppermint extract until melted and smooth. Immediately transfer fudge to prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
Step 3: Sprinkle fudge with crushed peppermints, pressingly lightly to help adhere; let cool slightly. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Use parchment overhang to remove fudge from pan. Sprinkle with flaky salt and cut into pieces. Fudge may be stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 3 days. For best texture, bring to room temperature before serving.
- 1 (5 Ounce) Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/4th Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon of Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup of Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tea spoon of Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 Cup of Coarsely Crushed Peppermints
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Happy Holidays!
- Thanksgiving Recipe Special
- CTAHU Bowling for Boobies Charity Tournament
- Sweet Treats for Fall
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Family Fall Recipes
- Inflation Reduction Act to be Signed Into Law!
- Omnipod DASH® is Covered Under Medicare Part D for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Agents Seek Reversal of CMS Rule on Recording Medicare Advantage Calls
- Rainy Day Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
- Social Security COLA Estimate Rises to 10.5% for 2023 as Inflation Accelerates in June
- National Ice Cream Month
- Staying Cool in the Summer
- Mens Mental Health Month
- Happy First Day of Summer!
- Four Steps to Figuring Out How Much Money You Need to Retire
- Important Update about Covid-19 Test's
- Celebrating Pride Month
- Happy Memorial Day!
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Medicare Announces Coverage of Over-The-Counter Covid 19 Tests
- Statement from Kilolo Kijakazi Acting Commissioner for Social Security
- Important Medical Device Recall
- Spring is Right Around the Corner!
- Last Day's of Summer
- Valentine's Day!
- Salute the Troops!
- Applying For Medicare
- Time to Travel!
- Celebrating Black History
- Happy Halloween!
- Summertime Delight
- National Domestic Violence Awareness
- Stay Up To Date With Everything Medicare Offers
- Tips for Preventing Medicare Fraud
- Omicron Variant: What You Need to Know
- Fall is Here!
- Spring is Here!
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Period 2022
- Summertime Refreshments
- Happy St Patricks Day!
- Happy New Year From HIA
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- The Always Changing Social Security Landscape
- Dance Your Way Through Life
- Medicare Supplement's
- Happy Independence Day!!!
- Medicare Reminder
- Happy Valentines Day!
- COVID-19 Updates